Home ownership is a big deal. There’s a lot riding on it, and you want to make sure you’re doing everything possible to ensure that you get approved for the loan you deserve.Canopy Mortgage, LLC offers fast approval and quick closings, along with competitive rates and on-time closures. Whether you’re looking to buy a new home or refinance an existing mortgage, we can help you find the financing option that works best for you.
And because we understand that buying a home isn’t always easy, we’re here to help you every step of the way. From helping you choose the right lender to answering any questions you may have about the process, we’re committed to providing you with the support you need to get the home of your dreams.
FHA Lender in New Braunfels
Who is eligible for a FHA loan?
Anyone who meets the FHA requirements is eligible for a FHA loan. These requirements include a minimum credit score of 580 or higher; a minimum down payment of 3.5%; a maximum debt-to-income ratio of no more than 43%; no recent bankruptcy or foreclosure within the past two years; and sufficient income to afford mortgage payments and other debts.
Can FHA loans be refinanced?
Yes, FHA loans can be refinanced. However, there are some restrictions regarding FHA refinancing. First, the FHA requires that you not have a late payment in the past twelve months. Second, you must also have at least six months remaining on your current loan term. Third, you must have a credit score of at least 580 or higher to be eligible for refinancing an FHA loan.
What are current interest rates for FHA loans?
Interest rates for FHA loans range from a low of about 4% to a high of about 6% depending on the lender and your credit score.
What is the maximum loan amount for an FHA mortgage?
The maximum loan amount for an FHA mortgage varies by county and the type of property you are purchasing. In Texas, for example, the maximum loan amount for a single-family home is $271,050.
About New Braunfels TX
- New Braunfels is located about 30 miles southwest of San Antonio, Texas.
- New Braunfels has popular attractions such as Landa Park and the Schlitterbahn Waterpark Resort.
- New Braunfels has a population around 56,000 residents.
- New Braunfels has major facilities such as schools, hospitals, and shopping locations.
- New Braunfels sporting and cultural venues attract many visitors every year for events such as the Comal County Fair and the Wurstfest in New Braunfels.
- To the south and the west of the New Braunfels is Austin and San Antonio respectively.
- To the north and south of the New Braunfels is Guadalupe River and Lake McQueeney respectively.
- The city of New Braunfels is surrounded by many highways, including Interstate Highway 35, State Highway 46, and State Highway Loop 337.
- New Braunfels’s diverse landscapes are a result of the rich German heritage of the city.
- Although New Braunfels is a popular tourist destination, it is also home to many residents who appreciate the city’s beauty and peacefulness.
- The climate of New Braunfels is is mild year-round with temperatures ranging from the low to mid-80s in the winter months to the low to mid-90s in the summertime. The area gets an average of 43 inches of rain per year.
- The median age of residents in New Braunfels is around 36 years old. Around two-thirds of residents are married with children. About one-fifth of residents are single, divorced or widowed. Around two-fifths of residents have attained a bachelor’s degree or higher.
- New Braunfels area contains five public school districts and one private school system. These districts are Comal Independent School District, Guadalupe-Blanco River Independent School District, Schertz-Cibolo-Universal City Independent School District, Northside Independent School District, and Canyon ISD.
- The nearest airport in New Braunfels is the Bergstrom International Airport located in Austin, Texas which is about a half an hour drive from the city.
- New Braunfels has the country’s highest concentration of breweries per capita as of early 2016.